April 19, 2019
Stagnant water inside the buildings at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Unit 1 to Unit 3 is currently drained automatically and continuously using a high-pump head submersible pump for construction work that is placed close to the floor.
The pump performance requires water level of at least 50 to 60 cm for operation, restricting complete water drainage from the buildings.
In some areas, temporary low-water level pumps that can drain up to few mm are used for draining the remaining water and rain water flowed into the buildings.
But they cannot be used regularly for the following reasons:
- Manually operated
- Low pump head (about 10 m)
- Small capacity (about 5 t/h)
- High failure frequencies (about 2 times / year)
In order to maintain the level of stagnant water inside the buildings as low as possible, we are seeking for a long-life low-floor pumps or related technology which can drain up to few mm and operate in water level of about 5cm (Auto start/stop operation by water level).
○We accept proposals that satisfy all the following requirements.
- Pump capacity:10t/h
- Pumping head: 40m (Multi-stage pump is also available)
- Water level for operation: about 5 cm from the floor surface
- Auto start/stop operation by water level
（However, even in the case of manual type, products that can be automatically controlled by customization will be accepted）
- Operating life is indicated
The proposal must be at least 5 of the following development levels.
４．efficiency verified through feasibility study
３．feasibility study phase
２．planning & development phase
【Submission deadline】(updated: 2019.11.08)
November 30, 2019 (JST)
*Application period and contents are subject to change without notice.
*After suggestion, we may ask you additional questions during the above period.
● Please confirm “Constraints” before your submission. A proposal which does not comply with these “Constraints” will not be submitted to TEPCO.
● Please move to the submission form from the "Submit" button at the bottom of this page and fill in your proposal. Please confirm that the information you provide is not confidential.
● If mandatory questions are not answered or not appropriately answered, the proposal will not be submitted to TEPCO.
● Please also note that we will not explain why your idea did not proceed to meetings due to confidentiality constraints. We would appreciate your understanding.