August 08, 2019
At Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant, beta and gamma ray monitors are deployed at the site to monitor the surrounding environment. And currently, to enhance monitoring capability for site contamination and surrounding environment, we are considering to introduce continuous monitoring of tritium concentration in seawater.
However, because tritium contained in the seawater only emits low energy beta ray, it is difficult to monitor continuously. Furthermore, since seawater is a measurement target, a technology/ equipment is required that can continuously measure low energy beta ray of tritium in a high salinity environment or after desalination process.
▲ Monitoring surrounding environment by beta and gamma monitors (Image)
① In the current operation, the tritium concentration measurement takes 24 ~ 48 hours. We are aiming for detection in about 60 minutes and achieve monitoring in close to real-time.
② Operational target for drainage of subdrain water is 1500 Bq/L and we are considering the continuous monitoring technology/ equipment that can detect below this target value.
We are seeking for technologies and equipment that can continuously measure tritium concentration in a short time in a high salinity environment or after desalination process.
○Applicable / Inapplicable proposals
We accept proposals that satisfy all the following requirements.
- Capability to detect tritium below the operational target value ( 1500Bq/L ) and also to measure approx. 500 Bq/L in about 60 minutes.
- Discrepancy of measurement value shall be under ±20%
- Capability to detect tritium in water that includes sea water (approx. 20,000ppm of chlorine concentration )
- Proposed measurement technology itself must be already established.
- Method dealing with radionuclides other than tritium
- Measurement technologies limited to desalinized environment (Please note that the method must include desalination technology.)
The proposal must be at level 3, 4 or 5 of the following development levels.
▶︎ ４．efficiency verified through feasibility study
▶︎ ３．feasibility study phase
２．planning & development phase
The image of monitoring the surrounding environment by beta and gamma monitors is as follows.
○Diagram image of sea water radiation monitor installation (cross section)
○Schematic diagram of sea water radiation monitor (image)
November 30, 2019 (JST)
*Application period and contents are subject to change without notice.
*After submission we may ask you additional questions during the above period.
● Please make sure you read and understand the “Constraints” before your submission. Only proposals that comply with these “Constraints” will be submitted to TEPCO.
● If mandatory questions are not answered or not appropriately answered, the proposal will not be submitted to TEPCO.
● Please move to the submission form from the "Submit" button at the bottom of this page and fill in your proposal.