August 09, 2019
Iodine exists in various forms and its physical and chemical properties differ depending on its form. Regarding contaminated water treatment, a suitable adsorbent must be selected for each form and it is relatively difficult to remove it compared to other radioactive materials.
Moreover, in the current method, removal of Iodic acid (IO3‐), one of the iodine forms in the water, have problems such as small adsorption capacity and short duration in removal performance.
① With the current method, since the adsorption capacity is small and the removal performance has a short duration, we are seeking for more efficient adsorbent (For target values, See [Target amount])
② The adsorbent must be granular form because it will be used by filling the adsorption tower
We are seeking for the adsorbent to remove Iodic acid (IO3‐) with large adsorption capacity (limited to granular adsorbent).
Required specifications for adsorbent as below;
・ Target value
Duration：Assuming to fill 1m3 column, in which absorption must continue during the 10,000m3 water flow under the following conditions）
The contaminated water used for this adsorbent is below;
Water flow rate：10.5m3/h
○Applicable / Inapplicable proposals
We accept proposals that satisfy all the following requirements.
- Proposal only of adsorbent (Proposal of entire treatment system is not being called for)
- Adsorbent must be granular
- Proposed with the data which can show the performance of the adsorbent
- Proposer can provide the adsorbent
- Environment: Assumed that it works at room temperature (20-30℃)
The following proposals are not being called for at this time.
- adsorbent for radionuclides other than Iodate(IO3‐).
- proposals only for the adsorbent materials
The proposal must be 4 or 5 of the following development levels.
▶︎ ４．efficiency verified through feasibility study
３．feasibility study phase
２．planning & development phase
○The equipment configuration of ・Improved Advanced Liquid Processing System (ALPS)
The red-highlighted area is the assumed part for filling adsorbent to remove Iodic acid (Capacity: 3 units of 1m3 adsorption tower )
① First screening of submitted test data
② Ask for a sample which will then be tested at TEPCO
③ Consideration for adoption
November 30, 2019 (JST)
*Application period and contents are subject to change without notice.
*After submission we may ask you additional questions during the above period.
● Please make sure you read and understand the “Constraints” before your submission. Only proposals that comply with these “Constraints” will be submitted to TEPCO.
● If mandatory questions are not answered or not appropriately answered, the proposal will not be submitted to TEPCO.
● Please move to the submission form from the "Submit" button at the bottom of this page and fill in your proposal.